Top 7 holiday essentials
Summer is coming! I love Autumn/Winter but Summer can be so hit and miss in the UK that it’s tough to get excited about. This year, however we have decided to embrace the (hopefully) warmer months and plan some outdoor time. Whether it be a mini break to the coast, a holiday abroad or just chilling out in the garden with the family you need to be prepared, here are some top picks for Summer.
1) Obviously spf was going to be top of the list! Try to find the highest factor for the whole family especiall if you have young children and really we should all be protecting ourselves as much as possible too, shouldn't we? This moisturising one from Avon is hydrating but not sticky.
2) After Sun is a close second, keep it in the fridge at home but this particular version is pretty cool regardless. The spray bottle is a must for those scorched areas you don’t want to touch or perhaps can’t reach yourself.
3) We still wear make-up in the sun but we adapt our routine and generally wear less base. If you get quite oily a make-up setting spray is a must if your going to be out all day (also great for nights out) it keeps everything looking fresh and it doubles as a cooling mist if you reapply throughout the day.
4) Stick to just a little concealer and mascara day to day but a warm bronzer with a little sheen gives pale skin a faux glow on keeping with the season.
5) A slick of bronze lip gloss and your make-up is done. These Ultra Glazewears are a little sticky but they’re SO long wearing so you can’t really complain.. perfect for Summer BBQs where eating and drinking is the order of the day.
6) Not forgetting sunnies: the Kimmy sunglasses are a bit of a mix between a wayfarer and a cat eye, a feminine retro shape that’s very ‘in’ right now,
7) And of course perfume. Definitely have seasonal scents. Tahitian Holiday sweet but fresh and screams Summer holidays and lying by a beach.
Here's a quick roundup of the summer essentials:
Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss in Mocha Latte / Make-up Setting Spray / Tahitian Holiday / Moisturising Sun Protection Spf50 / Kimmy Sunglasses / Cooling After Sun / Warm Glow Bronzing Powder
The list could go on forever, what are your absolute essentials for Summer?