10 Tips for uses with Hair Spray!
1. Stocking strengthener - Before you put them on, spray some hairspray onto your stockings to stiffen and strengthen the nylon. When spray is dry, your stockings will be ladder and tangle resistant.
2. Zipper stiffener - Some zippers have a tendency to unzip, especially those on a pair of (too) tight jeans. To stop them from opening, spray the zipper. The spray’s active ingredient will harden the zipper teeth’s grip, which lowers the chance of an accidental exposure. To unzip it later, dab some baby oil on it.
3. Cut flower preservative - Hairspray, much like a cryogenic prison, slows down the wilting of cut flowers by stiffening the blooms to preserve their youthful appearance. Hold the spray nozzle a foot away from the plants and spray the underside of the leaves and petals
4. To dry and preserve flowers, hang them upside down in a dark, dry closet until they dry. Once dried, spray the tops of the petals and leaves with hairspray to help hold them together.
5. Preserve the colour in autumn leaves and pressed flowers with a spritz of hairspray.
6. Fur removal - No, not from the animals, from the places where they leave it .To easily remove pet fur from floors and furniture, spray a generous amount of hairspray onto a cloth and rub it over the scattered fur. The fur will adhere to the spray.
7. Lint remover - If, like me, you don't use dryer sheets, you may occasionally need to de-lint your clothing. To do this, spray a generous amount of hairspray onto a cloth and rub it on your clothes. As with the aforementioned fur removal, the lint will adhere to the spray and lift off easily.
8. Shoe polish extender - After polishing your shoes with a banana! spray a little hairspray on them to keep them shining all day long.
9. Ink remover - Hairspray’s sticky base, when rubbed, can fade ink marks off of fabrics and furniture. Spray it on the ink blots and blotches then scrub them with a rag or a toothbrush. Moments later, those stains will be gone. I've even just thoroughly soaked the spot with hairspray and thrown it in the wash to get ink out. Worked like a charm!
10. Threading, sprinkle a little hairspray onto the tip of the thread. When the solution dries, the thread will be stiffer and easier to push through the eye of a needle.